Should I just lower all my standards for friendships due to constant rejection?

The more older you get, the harder it is to make friends. The sad thing is that I agree. I thought I would have been better off being patient and waiting for the right friends, but it’s driving me crazy because it’s about to be 3 years and that’s too long. Sometimes I would rather trade my success for friends... show more The more older you get, the harder it is to make friends. The sad thing is that I agree. I thought I would have been better off being patient and waiting for the right friends, but it’s driving me crazy because it’s about to be 3 years and that’s too long.

Sometimes I would rather trade my success for friends because I’m tired of feeling alone or that I’m in competition with other women (only the ones who were childishly hostile towards me, not all women). I would rather have a group of friends than to be unsuccessful and unhappy.

I wasn’t always well liked with a lot of friends growing up. I don’t care if I’m smarter and more successful than some of the teenagers who constantly bullied and shunned me. My only concern is that me feeling unwanted is turning me into an angry and negative person.