Lily Charles asked in PetsDogs · 3 years ago

whats wrong with calling mutts by their mixed names?

Like my dog is a havanese with an un known dad either bichon or another havanese and we call him a havapoo LOL. Becuase when ppl ask "what type of dog is he?" then i say havapoo becuase its fast to identify him. or a sheepadoodle easy and quik to identify the breeds its mixed with. I KNOW THEYRE NOT LEGIT BREEDS, but why do ppl get phco and mental about calling them by their mixed names??!! LIKE THEYRE DOGS, ppl on here are mental about mixed dogs but the same ppl say go get one from a shelter...sorry hypocrite much. Also its a LONGGG process to adopt a dog from a shelter. Also you don t know it health and you don t know its parents or its specif age only an estimate

"Phco"..... lol

Call your dogs whatever you want but realize that you're making "designer dogs" more appealing to those who would pay $3000 for a mutt.

Your dog, call him whatever you wish...however many people feel these mixes with cutesy names Are An Actual breed, which they're not nor will they ever be a breed.

Perhaps you're being "mental" in the opposite direction, get over it and move on. The same thing can apply to the BYB dogs purchased with the cutesy names as well, you know nothing about their health/parents, genetic deficiencies, which determines their temperament, genetics can't be changed, and some BYB know when the mixes were born and can give an age, shelter dog(s) examined by a reputable vet can guesstimate the age from the teeth.

Because you look like a ******* idiot by coming up with a stupid "exotic" name for a mutt.

We isn’t he a bichbavahava if he’s possibly bicho and havanese and havanese? Did you say the Havanese is purebred because of your/your father’s allergies?

This isn’t the first time you’ve been badly confused. Over here your dog is 100% Havanese. “I have a hypoallergenic havanese” https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20171...

And, of course, there’s the success you’ve had breeding other animals, your knowledge of all animals in general:

"Are inbred animals bad, my entire farm kind of is lol? ... but the babys literally turn out fine, no diformities, health problems etc.” "https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20171...

“My Donkey had a little baby girl yesterday! ... After school I went to check on them and the baby was dead!” https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20171...

"The 2 babies that died ..." https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20171...

"The baby was walking, drinking and was not premature. The next day ... and the baby was laying there dead!! https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20171...

“I sold one of my baby bunnies ... The lady that bought her said she is going to put her down because her teeth are too long and that she can barely eat. She said it is a birth defect ...The mom is pregnant again ...” https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20180...

• Bec

Because it's promotes the idea of "designer" dogs and back yard breeders being able to cross breeds that aren't best suited to eachother, don't care about the long term welfare and just care about profit.

People buy into designer clothes - they go for labels.

Same with dogs - give a dog a cutesy name and idiots lap up the idea that they alone have some special new breed.

My girl is a lollischeiler but looks, eats and runs like a labrippet. (labrador X collie X german sheperd X rottweiler but looks more like a lab x whippet). See, sounds stupid doesn't it.

Rather telling that the guy who "invented" labradoodles regrets that now - "it caused "a lot of damage" together with "a lot of problems". He also felt he was to blame for "creating a Frankenstein", adding that problems were being bred into the dogs rather than breeding away from problems. He is further quoted as claiming: "For every perfect one, you're going to find a lot of crazy ones." You're taking a breed of a suitable size and crossing it with a dog with pretty colours. The tempraments aren't taken into consideration.

And you calling your dog a "havapoo" just means I identify it as another mongrel with an owner dumb enough to have paid extra for the name. Crazy that "designer" dogs now cost MORE than pedigrees yet rescue centres are overflowing with crosses (or "designers without fancy names"). I jsut can't accept that a mushed together name makes it a breed or that people will see it as a breed - a local competition at a dog day had a "best breed" round in which cockapoos were voted 3rd! NOT A BREED!

• So my dog is a rottskiador

Or my other dog is a rough colluskyshepherd

Do you see how rediculous that sounds?

Because they have no idea what you mean, and I’m willing to bet half of the people reading don’t know what you just typed either.

Right... so... quote...

"Like my dog is a havanese with an un known dad either bichon or another havanese and we call him a havapoo LOL"

Really... well how does that make your dog quote " quik to identify the breeds its mixed with"

when you have identified it as a Havanese cross POODLE and he hasn't even got any poodle in him.

• *****

1. It glamorizes irresponsible breeding and makes it easier for the idiots breeding them to charge people thousands for poor quality mutts

2. Saying your mutt is a "Havapoo" wouldn't "identify" your dog anyway, as your dog, by your own admission, isn't a mix of Havanese and Poodle, which is what that particular made-up cutesy name refers to.

As far as the rest of your rant, I can walk into my local shelter and leave with a dog of my choice less than 15 minutes later after filling out a one page form and giving them $70. It isn't a long process. You don't know both of your own dog's parents- you don't even know the breed of its father. And no one producing mutts is doing any sort of health screening, so how exactly is buying a mutt from an irresponsible breeder any better than picking one up at a shelter? At least most shelters do a thorough vet check before adopting out, as well as vaccinations, microchipping, and spay/neuter, which is far more than most selling mutts will do.

Why does it have to have some stupid name?

Why can't a mutt be called what it is.. a mutt.

Why do you have to be specific about what exact mix it is?

Why can't your dog just be called a mutt or a havanese mix? It's just as quick and easy to say, without making you sound like some chav who overpaid for a mongrel because it has a cute name.