Why isn’t my hdd working?

I have my newly build pc working. Everything is working correctly however, I can only access the storage on my ssd and not my hdd. I have one connector from the psu going to both the ssd and hdd. Both are also connected to the motherboard separately. I connected my ssd and hdd into a port that had two plugs for which I assumed were ssd and hdd. The only thing I can think of me doing wrong here is that I might have plugged in the hdd into the wrong port. Any other things that might be wrong?

Parts:

CPU: Ryzen 3.2 ghz

PSU: evga 550 b3

GPU: GeForce Gtx 1060

HDD: WD 2 blue 2TB

SSD: Kingston Digital 120 gb

RAM: Asgard memory ddr4

MB: ASUS ROG Strix B350-F Gaming AM4 ATX Motherboard

CPU cooler: windale 4 120 pwm fan

Fans: aigo halo 120mm led

• David
    Favorite Answer

It won't be recognised until the hard drive is formatted partitioned and assigned a drive letter.

Assuming windows 10

rt click on the start icon

go to disk management.

Your HDD should be listed probably as disk1.

Rt click on disk 1 and follow the partition wizard to create a new simple volume.

• Ron75

Make sure that you have the one that you want to boot from connected right and then you may have to set the other drive as a slave drive.

Ron