Do you believe in evolution? Is my high school teacher violating Christianity by teaching it as part of the genetics chapter?

My parents are Christian and do not believe in evolution so they are upset by what they call "liberal indoctrination by false science." We are studying genetics in our class and the teacher explained to us that there are four letters in the DNA alphabet - A, T, G and C. A is for adenosine, T is for... show more My parents are Christian and do not believe in evolution so they are upset by what they call "liberal indoctrination by false science."

We are studying genetics in our class and the teacher explained to us that there are four letters in the DNA alphabet - A, T, G and C. A is for adenosine, T is for thymine, G is guanine and C is cytosine. He said that three of them will code for an amino acid and there are only 20 amino acids. He tend said that a biologist named Gamow revolutionized genetics when he determined that adding three nucleotides to a bacterial virus produced a protein.

Then my teacher went on to talk about mutations in genetic mutations. He said that people with sickle cell anemia have an animo acid called valine in place of glutamine which changes the shape of hemoglobin, making it difficult to pass through small capillaries. He then started talking about genetic mutations like humans came from apes and that was when I decided to tell my parents who were outraged that in a biology class I would be taught liberal atheism.