Which antibiotics are best for and when should they be taken (pre or post op or both?) for endodontic/dental related infections?

It appears I may need endodontic work due to soreness,swelling in other words signs of a possible infection at the bone end of the tooth (in the bone.) So I am wondering which antibiotics are given for infections usually related to those areas (the bone that holds the upper teeth)? And are these antibiotics... show more It appears I may need endodontic work due to soreness,swelling in other words signs of a possible infection at the bone end of the tooth (in the bone.) So I am wondering which antibiotics are given for infections usually related to those areas (the bone that holds the upper teeth)? And are these antibiotics typically started before the procedure?
Update: I mean which antibiotics are typically given because my medical dr would be willing to write them for me to get me started right away. I plan to see an endodontist in a few days once my insurance clears for dental. Insurance, arhg, sometimes a pain.
1 answer 1