Im going to university & my dad dont wanna pay for my accomodation, can he even refuse like this, is there some police or somehting for this?

so hes saying he wants me to live at home cuz he doesnt think im ready to move out and live with strangers. he said i can just commute for now and maybe in a year or two i can go live at the university. like some of my friends have already paid deposists and stuff for their accomodation. and i wanted to pay mine... show more so hes saying he wants me to live at home cuz he doesnt think im ready to move out and live with strangers.
he said i can just commute for now and maybe in a year or two i can go live at the university.
like some of my friends have already paid deposists and stuff for their accomodation. and i wanted to pay mine and i asked him for the money.
and he said no wtf.
he said he needs to think about it.
i cant pay my own deposit. i dont have money
Update: its not about money. he has money. hes just being annoying cuz he doesnt trust me.
Update 2: i was looking forward to being 18 and moving out. and here he is, destroying it once again. and when i was arguing with him about it, he just left the house and said to my mom, he cant talk to this "kid". likw who does he think he is?? then my mom give me all this bs that her and my dad are just looking... show more i was looking forward to being 18 and moving out. and here he is, destroying it once again. and when i was arguing with him about it, he just left the house and said to my mom, he cant talk to this "kid". likw who does he think he is?? then my mom give me all this bs that her and my dad are just looking at some options for me right now. wtf is an option. and she said my dad wouldve explained but i was arguing with him and he dont wanna listen. well then give me the fcking moneh