When a car is sold to someone, who is responsible for paying the SMOG and repairs on a car after I have released liability?

I sold my car to a co-worker AS IS a few days ago. I told him everything I knew that needed to be fixed and about the "check engine" light. Let me say that the car has always passed the SMOG.Anyways, he took it to get a SMOG and it failed. I think he wants me to pay for everything now. I don't... show more I sold my car to a co-worker AS IS a few days ago. I told him everything I knew that needed to be fixed and about the "check engine" light.

Let me say that the car has always passed the SMOG.Anyways, he took it to get a SMOG and it failed. I think he wants me to pay for everything now.

I don't think it's fair since he already knew about all the things that was wrong with the car at the time and he knew that I was selling it AS IS.

Legally, is it the buyer's or seller's responsibility to pay for all of that?
Update: I also wanna add that he took it on a test drive and was completely fine with it.