Is it possible to get a repo back before paying full amount due?

I have an 2005 Nissan from a shady used car dealership. I’ve already paid 3x’s it’s value, because I did know what I was doing when I first brought it. It currently has a check engine light on. I was behind on my car payments after I lost my job. About 700$. I explained my situation, but the receptionist (I... show more I have an 2005 Nissan from a shady used car dealership. I’ve already paid 3x’s it’s value, because I did know what I was doing when I first brought it. It currently has a check engine light on. I was behind on my car payments after I lost my job. About 700$.
I explained my situation, but the receptionist (I couldn’t get past her) refused to hear of it & demanded I bring the car back or tell them where it is unless I pay the full 700$. I offered to pay double payments until I caught back up, still refused to accept any weekly payments until full amount owed.
So I stopped calling & just kept driving. They’ve caught up to me & my car was taken today at my job, I gave up my keys.
I have a good job now, but I don’t have a sum of money sitting around to give them but I can still offer double weekly payments and a higher interest rate added? If I talk to someone other than the receptionist. I don’t know what else to do. I can’t miss work, then I’ll have a worst problem.

Will dealerships work with people in that way after a repo? Or am I just S*** out of luck?

Please don’t say rude things. I already feel bad enough, I just want so advice?