Can I start a Roth IRA at Charles Schwab but have no money in the account at first?

Today I decided to open a ROTH IRA account online at Charles Schwab, and before opening the account on the website, my first impression was that I would have to have at least $1000 placed into the account or have at least $100 increments begin to placed into the account monthly. While applying though, and even... show more Today I decided to open a ROTH IRA account online at Charles Schwab, and before opening the account on the website, my first impression was that I would have to have at least $1000 placed into the account or have at least $100 increments begin to placed into the account monthly. While applying though, and even after I opened the account, there was no area in the application that required me to deposit $100 into the account, much less $1000. Have I overlooked something? Is the required minimum only if you start investing, and not for the ROTH IRA itself?
Update: I contacted one of their representatives, and she stated that there is a 60 day window to start placing money into the account. Thanks for the answers guys!