Could this be Depression or mood swings?

For the past week I have been feeling very down, not looking forward to anything, and just not seeing the point of getting out of bed. The only time I smile or laugh is if my dad makes one of his stupid sexist/racist jokes (I grew up around that so it's more humor than insults to me), or I watch a comedy; even... show more For the past week I have been feeling very down, not looking forward to anything, and just not seeing the point of getting out of bed. The only time I smile or laugh is if my dad makes one of his stupid sexist/racist jokes (I grew up around that so it's more humor than insults to me), or I watch a comedy; even then it's for no longer than ten seconds. My appetite has increased, I'm seeking more comfort food and sweets rather than healthy food. I tire easily from simple jobs/ I'm sleepy all day. I'm not sure if this is restless sleep or not but for a while now I would go to sleep, and wake up a few hours later for around ten minutes, than fall back asleep. When I wake up in the morning I lay in bed for almost half an hour, I just don't see the point of getting up. I cry a lot more often, one day I was crying on and off and wanting to kill myself; but I ended up staying out of my room cause I was scared. I also have irritability, today I got irritated at nothing and kicked my boots, other days I was mad that I didn't cook anything right for once and continuously punched my head until my glasses fell off. I also have literally no self-esteem, I throw up during my showers and I cut on days I don't shower. Another thing I do is if I don't do anything right all day, I have a sort of break down and cry as I cut my wrist.I think It's getting close to my time of the month though, so is it hormone changes? I just feel so torn inside, I can't concentrate on much or speak much to anyone.
5 answers 5