There is a Rat in my walls, is this bad for my health?

It got in about 6 weeks ago now, my cat would just sit there in the corner of the kitchen staring at the wall, i thought nothing of it until i could hear a scratching sound on the wall in my room only 5 days ago, it has obviously found a way up. I am now worried about it pissing and shitting inside the walls, they... show more It got in about 6 weeks ago now, my cat would just sit there in the corner of the kitchen staring at the wall, i thought nothing of it until i could hear a scratching sound on the wall in my room only 5 days ago, it has obviously found a way up. I am now worried about it pissing and shitting inside the walls, they don't have bladders as far as i know and they piss like theres no tomorrow, this isnt good at all and its annoying me now. I have set humane traps in my garden, 3 of them, i spoke with an pest control guy today and he told me between 200 and 400 euro!! and mice 180 euro, why a smaller price for a ******* mouse i don't know, oh yeah then he says a survey would cost 90 euros, is this lad smoking crack or what?. One rat i told him, one, i wish people would listen to me. Why would he say that when i told him its only one rat, maybe two, but its not rat city for **** sake, ******* 400 euro, what a basket case.
4 answers 4