Why Breaking Bad Fulminated Mercury isn't so well known?

So, I'm watching Breaking Bad, on episode 6 at the end, Walter throws a piece of what looks like a piece of crystal meth, he calls it fulminated mercury, onto the floor, blowing up an office with a massive bang. If such a small piece of it seems so destructive, why isn't it used more often in warfare and... show more So, I'm watching Breaking Bad, on episode 6 at the end, Walter throws a piece of what looks like a piece of crystal meth, he calls it fulminated mercury, onto the floor, blowing up an office with a massive bang.
If such a small piece of it seems so destructive, why isn't it used more often in warfare and such? Why isn't it that well known?
I mean, the answer could be chemically related, but what would I know? I failed chemistry in high school.
But yeah, hey, shouldn't something so potent be as well known as C4 or the likes?