I want to become a chess grandmaster, but my parents do not support me?

First of all... hello everyone lol Anyhow, I’ve been playing chess since I was 14. I’m 21 now, I’m at my University’s chess team. I was in my high schools’s chess team. Well, I’ve always been addicted to strategy games. And well Any games. I’m very competitive, I always like to win, and if I lose, I’ll just learn... show more First of all... hello everyone lol
Anyhow, I’ve been playing chess since I was 14. I’m 21 now, I’m at my University’s chess team. I was in my high schools’s chess team. Well, I’ve always been addicted to strategy games. And well Any games. I’m very competitive, I always like to win, and if I lose, I’ll just learn from my mistakes. I want to go to law school next year. I’m starting to think my addiction to chess is bad. Well so my mother says. I’m the student president of a school organization. Work out( sometimes... ok rarely anymore, but I still lift weights for a couple minutes everyday). And I have a part time job, which doesn’t offer much hours. Well my parents told me today that I’m worthless and my brother is better than me. That I need to stop with the kid games and grow up. Am I doing anything wrong? I don’t drink, do drugs. I love hinting, running, going to church, and learning. I have a job, yet my parents are always saying I’m not good enough.