Netflix screens and HDMI?

I have a question concerning the allowed screens on netflix. Is connecting the laptop to the TV with a pc screen only display considered two screens used or one? Or does the screen number on netflix reffer to accounts accessed on a device (say your TV has a netflix button)

If the HDMI is considered a second screen, changing the display to show only from the tv should be fine right?

• Bort

If you connect a laptop to a TV with an HDMI cable Netflix will only see that is one screen. The screen amount allowed on a Netflix account is the number of logins that account can have simultaneously, at the same time, at different locations. Different "locations" meeting the account is logged into more than once even if it's in the same home.

Maybe a better way to put it is each login or each time an account is logged in to counts as one screen. If the account is logged into on two different devices at the same time, that would be two screens.

It's login based.

I would assume multiple monitors is one screen and a separate connection to netflix by the same account is screen two - hope I am right

• ili2 years agoReport

Yes this is the only thing that makes sense to me too