Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 years ago

How do I use protein powder when working out?

I am new to working out, I want to lose about 15lbs but eventually gain muscle and be toned. I ve been eating healthy as far as greens and just watching what I eat. What I m confused about it when and what kind of protein powder I should use? Or are there better alternatives than protein powder? What should I be eating before and after a workout?

Favorite Answer

Whey Protein is the best & you can buy it at bodybuilding.com if u can afford it. Take it before working out & after. If you buy it at bodybuilding.com look for some deals where you can get a bundle package. Ex: If I spend a $100 You’ll get a 5lbs tub of whey protein, a pre-workout supplement, Shaker Cup, & a T-shirt. If u can’t go that route go to target & buy some whey protein but stay the hell out of GNC they are very overpriced. As far as working out eat breakfast, lunch, & dinner as usual. Try not to eat after 10 o clock at night. Try not to consume more then 2500 calories a day & stay away from soda. Drink a lot of water & eat plenty of bananas to stop excessive cramping. Try to workout for at least an hour to an hour in a half. Treadmill? 30-45min on the days you’re not weight training. You could walk or run. Start eating oatmeal for breakfast, toast, & an apple. Those are the type of thing u should be eating. Anymore questions hit me up if u want a meal plan or something

Source(s): I’m a weightlifter

You don't need protein powder. It isn't a magic weight loss or muscle building potion. Most Americans get more than enough protein already. If you want to replace a higher-calorie meal with a protein powder drink, that's fine. You should look for one that has as little sugar as possible. Some popular brands have 20 grams of sugars per serving -- that's as much as a doughnut.

You don't need protein powder to work out or get muscle. Its a waste of money. You can already get more than enough protein from all meat whether beef, pork, all poultry, fish and seafood, eggs, cheese, yogurt, legumes, nuts and seeds.

• Kano

Dont use protein powders especially whey they are known to increase insulin levels which is not good.

Best protein package with all the essential proteins and nutrient with the right balance, is and EGG.

Only 72 calories and quite cheap too, I slurp mine down raw like Rocky Balboa.