metal is neither.
It is a class of elements, as well as many classes of alloys.
Actually, colors have all sort of weird names so it may be a color. It seems anyone can mix up a color and name it as they want. But it's not a well known accepted color like red, green, etc.
here is a dictionary definition:
1. any of a class of elementary substances, as gold, silver, or copper, all of which are crystalline when solid and many of which are characterized by opacity, ductility, conductivity, and a unique luster when freshly fractured.
2. Chemistry. such a substance in its pure state, as distinguished from alloys.
an element yielding positively charged ions in aqueous solutions of its salts.
3. an alloy or mixture composed wholly or partly of such substances, as brass.
4. an object made of metal.
5. formative material; stuff.
7. Printing. type metal. the state of being set in type.