Who is resPossible for clean up? Landlord or Tenant?

Last night I came home to my rental house to find the two pipes in my hallway disconnected causing a ton of water to gush all over my hallway then flooding the bathroom and soaking the adjacent bedroom rug (room we sleep in). I at first thought they burst but I realized one of the pipes are Zip tied to be held up... show more Last night I came home to my rental house to find the two pipes in my hallway disconnected causing a ton of water to gush all over my hallway then flooding the bathroom and soaking the adjacent bedroom rug (room we sleep in). I at first thought they burst but I realized one of the pipes are Zip tied to be held up which may have added to the pressure that caused it to burst in the first place.
At this point our water is shut off and the landlord has scheduled a plumber to come and fix the pipes. I’ve used all my available towels, extra sheets, blankets, and curtains to soak up the tons of water in the house which I will now need cleaned.
I am most concerned about the rug. We attempted soaking it up over night with what we have available but it is still very wet and my landlord brought us a vacuum to suck out the water and a dehumidifier to clean the rug ourselves and won’t let me contact a cleaning service until I attempt to do it myself. Now I would think that the landlord should be jumping the gun to provide the service but that’s not the case. So my question is should my landlord even been asking me to clean this myself considering it was do to bad plumbing?