Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTrivia · 2 years ago

Is this the oldest man alive?

Favorite Answer

Yes maybe he is the oldest man alive and died at his 147

No, my uncle Carl is the oldest man alive. He is currently 256 years old, and just finished running a marathon in Utah.

• Beware of fake news.

According to the Bible, Adam lived for 930 years, and Methuselah for 969—just 31 years short of a thousand! Methuselah, for instance, was only seven from Adam.

I strongly doubt it. The article is extremely vague and makes no mention of any attempt to verify if this age is accurate. If the photo is of the man, he doesn't look any older than 70-80 and supercentarians have a tendency to look much older. In 1871 when they're claiming he was born, there was an ongoing civil war in the Emirate of Nejd (since Saudi Arabia didn't exist until 1930), and civil wars aren't exactly know for preserving detailed records of common people. Last year, when claims about Indonesian Mbah Gotho being 145 surfaced, the articles were more credible as they talked about attempts to verify the claims, they had an interview with the guy and the pictures of him showed someone who certainly looked over 100... I still don't believe the claim, but at least there's something there whereas this just looks like an advertisement for organic food (hint: all food was organic prior to the 1880s and average people didn't live that long).

Since the article says he has died, I think it highly unlikely that he is the oldest man alive.

Perhaps.

i am not sure

wow

Plot twist, it's not a man it's a mummified corpse.