Do Film Awards Matter?

Oscars, Golden Globes, Emmy's etc Do they really matter? I don't think it is a matter of talent. Ewan McGregor beating Robert De Niro for a Golden Globe for instance, De Niro, the guy is the best ever, Mcgregor is the best actor to play Obi Wan in Star Wars. but that is it really. I don't know if... show more Oscars, Golden Globes, Emmy's etc

Do they really matter? I don't think it is a matter of talent.

Ewan McGregor beating Robert De Niro for a Golden Globe for instance, De Niro, the guy is the best ever, Mcgregor is the best actor to play Obi Wan in Star Wars. but that is it really.

I don't know if Oscars are good, though the fact that Roman Polanski and Kevin Spacey won shows they aren't worth much, not based on talent.

No bisexual male has ever won an Oscar, a female has with Jolie but no male, the Oscars have been accused of being homophobic and controversial.