Moving to Brooklyn?

Me and my best friend are thinking about moving to Brooklyn. We live in a small town in the south with nothing to do and we want an adventure we're both 22 live with our parents and have been friends for close to a year now. There is literally nothing here no jobs nothing to do just nothing. We've saved 5... show more Me and my best friend are thinking about moving to Brooklyn. We live in a small town in the south with nothing to do and we want an adventure we're both 22 live with our parents and have been friends for close to a year now. There is literally nothing here no jobs nothing to do just nothing. We've saved 5 grand each and plan on getting an apartment and finding jobs as soon as possible once we get there. We are both used to roughing it and living cheap and going without sometimes. My main question is is it a bad idea to move in with your best friend? We've been on a few small trips out of state and we got along great the whole time. Also is this a bad idea? I've been to NYC once and it was absolutely amazing he's never been but he's always wanted to go. And is $1,800 a realistic amount for rent? We figure that's gonna be about the max we can afford. Also this isn't permanent we plan on staying a year max. Thanks.
5 answers 5