Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 3 years ago

Which languages should I study?

I plan on going into the miltary as an officer language interpreter/translator sort of thing, which two languages would probably be best for me to learn?

Whatever THEY need, and, you cannot do it as an officer. Think of the current enemies that your military has. Whatever languages they use are the most in demand.

Kurdish and Arabic — there are relatively few non-native Kurdish speakers, and they are key to Middle Eastern information gathering. As Kurdish will make you a Middle Eastern specialist, Arabic is the next most important regional language from your point of view.

• Martin

Spanish and French

For the military? Probably Farsi and Arabic, though Korean wouldn't be a bad choice at this point, either.

Spanish and French