Good car to get my wife for her birthday.?

My wife who's turning 25 really could use a car, her current car is a 2003 Ford Taurus, she really seems to like small medium suvs /crossovers. I don't want to spend over 40k though, but I don't want to get her a bare bone vehicle either. I was thinking getting her either a Ford Edge or a chevy equinox, any other suggestions

Favorite Answer

Guidance is OK, but let HER choose. That's what a wise husband would do. I made this mistake. I'm 6'2 and my wife is only 5'2". I did not appreciate the little things that can cause a lot of driver discomfort in shorter people, such as how close they have to sit. I bought her a new SUV as a birthday surprise, but the sharp angle she had to hold her foot in order to press the gas pedal made her extremely unhappy with it and she couldn't drive smoothly. She also could not see out the high back window adequately, even with the electric seat raised to full height. Climbing in and out of the car was also hard for her. So, we ended up returning the vehicle and we bought one to her liking.

• Lv 5
      2 years agoReport

helps to have bucket seats in your situation....

Get her a motorcycle

Don't do it bro. Never waste your money on a woman

Source(s): Probably why I'm single

Check out Kia Sorento and Rav 4, but be sure to let her make the final decision

Dodge challenger. Jk.

Hummer h3 are nice. You can get one for around $16,000. I drove one once. It had a really smooth ride plus it's AWD. Leather seats and ice cold A.C. They get around 14 mpg though if you're not looking for fuel economy. They made them up till 2008 when they put the v8 in. They call it the h3 alpha. They put an underpowered inline 5 before. Great vehicle especially being gm. I'd go with an h3 alpha. The i5 is okay to. I ended upngetting a truck instead.

Let her pick it out or you will be taking it back. 40K for a car? Hopefully you threw that in to impress us and nothing more. A car is to get you from point a to point b so forget pretty and go for reliability and affordability.

I can buy any car that I want to but I drive a 20K car I bought back in 2011, with cash, and such choices in life are why I can buy any car I wish.

You have or plan to have children in the future? You have education funds set up for their college expenses? Have Roth's, IRA's. and 401 plans set up yet? So if and I doubt it, you are planning on 40K for a car you need to rethink this. Secure you life and future first then go for a 40K car if that floats your boat.

the best vehicle to get her would be the 2018 Kia Sorento. Not only is it affordable, it comes with a lot in it for your money. Plus it’s a good looking vehicle;-)

A $40,000 car will cost you $800 a month in payments for the nex 6 years before insurance and maintenance costs.

Can you afford that? Is your income over $75,000 a year?

A Miata. You can drive it too on the weekends lol.

Why not let HER pick out what she wants?