How to stay safe on the road?

I ask this question because I suffer from anxiety and now a new problem has arised with my anxiety I'm scared to drive now because due to all of the road rage incidents involving guns I'm scared that someone is going to shoot and kill me even if im not in the wrong and they are. I always try to be a very careful driver but sometimes other peoples on the road makes it hard for me im pretty sure you all know where I'm coming from. But anyway it's starting to intefere with my life pretty badly now I'm scared to live and drive because of this. Why isn't there away to prevent these type of drivers to have guns in their cars anyway? How can we defend ourselves against these type of people? How can I protect myself in my own car from a gun? Because to tell you the truth I don't have a gun I don't really believe in them to scared to have one. The last thing I want is to not be able to come home in see my love ones due to fools on the road acting stupid and from a bullet to the head. (Sigh) I'm scared…. I hate life.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

This is one of those things where you have an irrational fear like you won't leave the house in case you get hit by a meteor. You can live your life scared of all the risks of modern life, or, you know, just life, or you can accept that some risk is inevitable and get on with your life. Maybe look up the statistics about how likely that is to happen compared to other things that are much more likely to happen in activities you engage in all the time. You're probably more likely to get electrocuted at home or something. Some people though just let these irrational fears take over their lives to the point that they refuse to engage in anything or move "off the grid" and rough it for the rest of their lives. But, as much as you hate the idea of getting shot while driving I bet you also like some of your modern day comforts. So guess what, want those comforts, want to live in the modern day, get some perspective and get out there like everyone else. That's why those are tragedies and they are on the news. They are news - they don't happen often. I'm sure being cautious, a defensive driver, courteous, etc. can help you out. Maybe if you're that scared take some extra measures, like don't drive through neighborhoods with a high crime rate or that kind of crime, anyway (they publish statistics), or commit to taking a defensive driving class every year just to make sure you stay really well educated and prepared. But don't sweat everything, next thing you know you won't be wanting to walk across your house for fear of tripping on the carpet. Go to therapy if you really hate life, it sounds like that's what the real problem is. These are just things you pick on and reference to try to convince yourself and others just how much you should hate life. Sounds like you're trying to maintain an unhealthy way of thinking and reaching too to do it. Plus, if it happens, it happens, but at least until then you'll have lived to the fullest. Or you can be miserable and hide forever when it may never even happen and then not only did it not happen but you tortured yourself and missed out on life while waiting for it.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 years ago

I too have driving anxiety just focus..

• 2 years ago

People drive crazy now a days just need to be aware of your surroundings and just need to make sure your focused while driving

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.