Question about windows 7 drivers?

my computer crashed and i had to reinstall windows 7 ultimate on it with the help of a boot disk, after i did i found that many of my drivers are missing i tried "serching online" for them option but it couldnt find most of them, is there a free and safe program i can download that will scan my computer and find all missing driver for me? thx for all help.

Favorite Answer

Your best bet it is to install IObit driver booster run it don't take the free gift don't take the free upgrade just use it to find your drivers let it install what it can find and then restart your computer and uninstall the thing.

After that you will have to go to the computer manufacturers website and use whatever drivers are on the website in compatibility mode

Why not just do the free upgrade to 10. 7 is no longer supported by many manufacturers. 10 keeps all my drivers current.

There are...but they don't work very well, and most are actually just adware.

Windows 7 comes with a large set of drivers by default. Even if the driver for your exact make & model of device isn't included, there's usually a generic driver that will work well enough.

The only drivers I really worry about are the one for my ethernet (or wifi) interface, and my video card.

Ethernet interface is on the motherboard, so go to the website for your motherboard's manufacturer and download the set of drivers for your specific model of motherboard.

There are only 3 main video chip manufacturers. Intel, AMD and nVidia. Find out which make and model of chip you're using, go to the proper website and download the driver. nVidia and AMD have a management utility that identifies which graphics chip you have, and automatically downloads the correct driver and installs it for you.

To find out what specific hardware you have in your computer, right click on My Computer and select Properties.

• Robert J
      2 years agoReport

You also need the motherboard "chipset" driver from the motherboard maker - that should be the first thing after installing windows.

look at the microsoft website