Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 2 years ago

if get a very infrequent blue screen saying that windows as shut down to avoid a crash....what are the most common reasons ?

I know there is an error code...but I have not written it down...but it has only happened twice in past 3 months. once in mid Nov. and once the other day in beginning of January.

does this sound like a failing hardware issue or a software issue? can explain?

one thing I will say, is that (don't know if it is just due to my paranoia now due to the blue screen)...I seem to hear the fans running quite a bit. not sure what would cause that. maybe is connected?

One other thing,,,,this has happened twice in past 6 months since August when I replaced my hard drive with a bigger hard drive. but someone told me that if it was the hard drive going bad that it would say so and would not be so infrequent? does that sound correct?

also, is it possible that when I was installing all the numerous windows updates for Windows 7 again after installation that some didn't get updated or register correctly causing the issue?

• Dave
    Favorite Answer

You need to write down the code.

Update: You are wasting your time without the code. It could be a million different things.