Do liars often accuse others of being liars to cover their own bottom? Same question with hypocrites saying others are hypocrites?

I have this aunt who is a narcissist. She likes to rant about her so being a liar as her son sometimes distorts things. She also likes to rant about her sister who she won't speak to being a hypocrite. Yet that sister is not a hypocrite. Rather this aunt who says that is the hypocrite as she does the opposite... show more I have this aunt who is a narcissist. She likes to rant about her so being a liar as her son sometimes distorts things. She also likes to rant about her sister who she won't speak to being a hypocrite. Yet that sister is not a hypocrite. Rather this aunt who says that is the hypocrite as she does the opposite of what she teaches. She teaches love and gives bitterness and hatred. She preached family and is estranged from parts of her family. She preaches forgiveness and yet she refuses forgiveness on her own son.

So is this a common move by hypocrites and liars like this aunt? I seldom see this aunt but am starting to see into her lies about her son as well as my other aunt
(the good one) who she mistreats.
1 answer 1