UK truck license question?

Hi everyone I have a few questions about obtaining truck license but first I'll give some info about myself  I owned drivers license since July 2017 (I think july) and I'm turning 18 in March I want to start work as a truck driver my questions are from what age can I learn to drive a truck and how long does... show more Hi everyone I have a few questions about obtaining truck license but first I'll give some info about myself 
I owned drivers license since July 2017 (I think july) and I'm turning 18 in March I want to start work as a truck driver my questions are from what age can I learn to drive a truck and how long does it take to pass your tests (I know there is no way to tell how long it takes but I'm asking for a rough estimate ) and I've heard that companies pay for all the expenses of learning if you are gonna work for them is it true? Any answers are apriciated and excuse me for my bad grammar