Can I write off my student loan interest on taxes?

Basically I have a student loan, I am finished with school and I am married filing jointly. I went through the IRS tax assistant..got all the way to the end and it said I would not be able to deduct it because "I was not enrolled either part time or full time in the past tax year" However, my spouse was... show more Basically I have a student loan, I am finished with school and I am married filing jointly. I went through the IRS tax assistant..got all the way to the end and it said I would not be able to deduct it because "I was not enrolled either part time or full time in the past tax year"

However, my spouse was enrolled in school this past year. I know I can write off their education but was wondering if we will be able to write off the interest on my loan? Considering my spouse was an enrolled student this past year.