How do dog owners who get sick cope with taking care of their dogs?

A few days ago my husband and I came down with the stomach "flu" around the same time. We have a little dog who we love to cuddle and play with but we didn t feel like doing any of those things. Because of the weather (wind chill in the single digits and below zero), we hadn t been taking our dog out... show more A few days ago my husband and I came down with the stomach "flu" around the same time. We have a little dog who we love to cuddle and play with but we didn t feel like doing any of those things. Because of the weather (wind chill in the single digits and below zero), we hadn t been taking our dog out for his usual walks but we had been taking him out for brief periods in the front yard. However, it is difficult standing outside in the bitter cold when you re feeling nauseous. I d like to hear from other dog owners how they cope in similar situations(flu, bad head cold, etc.)