Is it weird that my parents don't like being called mom and dad?

My parents think the terms "mom and dad" are dumb, so I've had been able to call them by their real names my whole life. I've never seen any other kids do this with their parents being okay with it. Are there other people who have parents that feel the same way?

it does sound weird but im sure youre probably not the only one

Yes it is, my maternal grandfather grew up in a family like this though and in his case it was a military family where his father died at D-Day and the children were barred from showing emotion at the funeral as was my Mom when barred from doing when her father (my maternal grandfather) died in a military training accident in 1977. So my Mom made up by letting us cry all the time and asking us to please cry at any funerals we went to (she made us go to funerals for people we only knew vaguely and expected us to cry). It was weird.

But yes not being encouraged to say Mom and Dad is weird.