Can the cold cause a DSLR shutter to stick?

This is regarding my D750.... QUESTION: Can extreme cold cause a shutter to stick? I went for a ride in this fridge box here in Canton Ohio where it's struggling to reach double digits. On my way home I tried to take more photos and my shutter kept sticking and getting an "err" message. Nothing I... show more This is regarding my D750....

QUESTION: Can extreme cold cause a shutter to stick? I went for a ride in this fridge box here in Canton Ohio where it's struggling to reach double digits. On my way home I tried to take more photos and my shutter kept sticking and getting an "err" message. Nothing I tried resolved it. I could hear the shutter sticking or lagging like it was a slow shutter speed despite I was on at least 1/800. After I got home and let it warm up it works fine now. Does that sound right?