Patrick L asked in SportsBaseball · 2 years ago

Would this be a good trade for Manny Machado?

3 way trade Cubs Mets Orioles.

Cubs acquire Machado.

Mets acquire Ian Happand Albert Almora and Mike Montgomery

Oriles acquire Noah Syndagaard Michael Comforto and pitching prospect

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Kyle
    Lv 7
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

the Mets won't give up Syndergaard. he's their best pitcher. why give up him for an mediocre to average pitcher in Montgomery? the Mets really have no need to get in the trade. it'd make more sense just for a two way team trade.

I'd be OK with Happ, Almora, and Mongtomery though for Machado. but we still need more pitching. i really don't want to give up Russell. Baez maybe if we have too.

we also then would need to sign Machado to a long term deal. he's only 25, so he's in the prime of his career. we can't trade three starters, for one person, for a one year rental. it was different for Chapman, because we only traded prospects. if we can't trade then extend Machado to keep him for four or five years, don't do it.

• 2 years ago

No, and Mets would not trade Syndergaard or Conforto, and get nothing in return that's a horseshit trade, something the Padres would make.

• 2 years ago

He protec, he attac, he manny machado

• 2 years ago

Yes

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

yes

• 2 years ago

NO

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Baseball don't matter till June.

Basketball and European Football don't matter till January.

Football all season.

• 2 years ago

No. The Mets aren't trading either of those guys.

• 2 years ago

Mets won't trade Syndagaard for that package.

• 2 years ago

I Cubs wont part with Happ and the Mets aren't going to give up on Syndergaard.

I could see the Cubs trading Machado for Baez or Russell, Almora, and Montgomery but Chicago wold be stupid to make the deal unless A) They got Machado to agree to an extension and B) Baltimore also agreed to take Jason Heyward in the trade.

Source(s): Heyward is a waste of fresh air.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.