Opinions on my writing please?

I would like some feedback on a random paragraph I wrote when I was feeling inspired but didn't want to continue a full story. I would love to improve my writing so feedback is appreciated. I wanted to put 2 here but the word limit didn't allow it 1 The slavering jaws of the cruel beast hung open,... show more I would like some feedback on a random paragraph I wrote when I was feeling inspired but didn't want to continue a full story. I would love to improve my writing so feedback is appreciated. I wanted to put 2 here but the word limit didn't allow it

The slavering jaws of the cruel beast hung open, drooling globules of saliva over the mangled and bloody corpse of my best friend. I froze in shock, unknowing of what to do, I fled, arousing the instincts of the monster, it broke into a smooth gallop, with its paws thudding rhythmically on the dirt, easily making ground and catching up to me. My chest heaved with the effort of the run. I urged my tired body to move quicker but my time was over, the creature had already pounced. The world swirled around me in a daze and my body hit the ground with a crash. I struggled to breath as the heavy paws of the monster pressed against my spine, I screeched and thrashed but it was no use, my vision went dark as I felt the jaws of this horrible creature tear into my neck as I was eaten alive. I screamed and cried with no hope, willing for death to come and end this carnage. I fainted and never awoke to see the shining sun overhead ever again, all that was left was bones and blood on the ground.
Update: Ok, I have enough answers now, I don't need more. Here's what I've learned and will use to improve in my actual stories -Breathe not breath (well I knew it already but I missed it when checking) - make POV consistent - Less commas - can be less descriptive -need better punctuation -rewrite 4... show more Ok, I have enough answers now, I don't need more. Here's what I've learned and will use to improve in my actual stories
-Breathe not breath (well I knew it already but I missed it when checking)
- make POV consistent
- Less commas
- can be less descriptive
-need better punctuation
-rewrite 4 times

Thank you everyone (well besides like the two people who gave zero help at all and just said it was terrible)
Please don't answer anymore, I would delete the question but I can't figure it out
9 answers 9