We've noticed some unusual account activity... How can remove this?

I keep getting the following message when I try to log in:

We've noticed some unusual account activity.

For your safety, choose a method below to verify that it's really you signing in to this account.

How can I remove this? This also happened a few years back and there was fake.

Favorite Answer

Your right that it's a fake alert. They started doing this a few years back scaring everyone with the same thing but it was all fake. Some Yahoo executive got the dumb idea of doing this. How secure can an email be when you constantly want the users use the security question to sign in. The problem with this is that you can't change the security questions afterwards, which is what a lot of users have been complaining about.

But when there's a real security risk, like the one that happened back in 2014. Leave it to Yahoo to completely act in a negligent and almost malicious fashion and not inform the authorities or users of the incident until years later. Tell me, is that security for you? Not even close but the best one can do is to find another email company takes its users concerns seriously.

• Rob2 years agoReport

I hope that Verizon fires the people for causing this headache. Anyway, I'm looking for another email service that actually cares about people and not profit.

• Sharon

That is a phishing scam. Ignore and delete it. This is how to identify legitimate Yahoo websites, requests, and communications: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2091.html

• ?

Suspicious activity detected while sending email https://help.yahoo.com/kb/error-account-temporaril...