I have a collection of CD's. I wish to have them converted into MP3's. What is a great way to convert CD's into MP3's?

Favorite Answer

There are programs that you can use OR you can do it easily through itunes if you use itunes. Go to Edit, Preferences, on the General Tap go to Import Settings, another window comes up select import using mp3, setting, select the preferred resolution (higher resolution better sound) and hit Ok

Keep in mind that you are reducing sound quality and most people do not realize you can on some devices store CD Quality music on your ipad, iphones etc. Yes it does take up significantly more space as much as 10 times as much, but if sound quality is important to you maybe you just put your favorite albums at CD quality on your device.

Dont let anyone tell you that mp3 files are just as good and you cant hear a difference, they would be completely wrong.

Kevin

40 years high end audio video specialist

Linux, cdparanoia (for extracting the individual songs as .wav files), lame (to convert the .wav files to .mp3) and some fancy bash scripting :)

There are also graphical user interface tools available for Linux, Windows and MacOS that let you do all this by pointing and clicking, and can even try and look up the album name, group and song titles from the Internet based on the matrix number of the CD (this is user-editable data, so you will have the best chance of success with well-known albums).

I wouldn't do that.

MP3 is inferior.

put the cd into your computer and rip the audio files.

• If you have a computer with a disc drive, just insert the CD and import the music into iTunes/whatever music player you have.

You just convert them to MP3 on a computer with conversion software and cd compatible drive.

There are many programs that can 'rip' CDs to MP3s. I use one called Exact Audio Copy (EAC) that you can download for free. You need a separate piece, the LAME MP3 converter. But that's an old program, I'm sure there are newer ones. I think iTunes will do it too.