My social media is getting too popular should I switch it too private?

My Instagram pics have gained top post. I feel people are imitating me, taking ideas from me, and even stalking me. You see whenever I would tweet things of my interest on Twitter strange things would happen. I would go in public where I would hear conversations where it would sound like somebody referencing something I just tweeted not to long ago or the other day. Ok I would set trends on my Instagram wearing certain clothing and fashion and I would go to college or even other places seeing people I never met with a almost on point fashion since. Then I just bought I new car where afterwards I would see everybody in town suddenly driving the exact same cars. I would go to a store or a shop in my neighborhood where suddenly these people who would coincidentally have the same cars and fashion since would mysteriously appear whenever I would pull up to buy a soda, or go shopping or even just pump my gas it would seem like these clones where now everywhere from my neighborhood to my school and even when I cease my social media activity it continues but now it has gone too far. You see I live on a considerably quite block in my neighborHood and lately I have lately seen this same reoccurring people driving/walking by housing every now and then sometimes even when I step outside my front door sometimes when I step outside my car. I think I may be locally famous in my neighborhood and I have considered moving. Should I just put my social media on private cause this is just crazy.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • $$$
    Lv 5
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Update: Strangers know I am a computer whiz, but not everyone knows I am a computer whiz, and that's all they know about me unless if I choose to share more information. I know when strangers meet me, for the first time, then they don't know me very well.

I use social media. None of my accounts are private. I want people to see what I am sharing. Because I want people to get to know me.

"I feel people are imitating me, taking ideas from me, and even stalking me."

Nobody is stalking me, so I am cool with that. Nobody has my intelligence, so nobody can imitate me. Lastly I never shared my best ideas.

• Anon2 years agoReport

If I'm popular that's cool but I'm not some celebrity or anything im a normal person and I want to feel like one.

• 2 years ago

crazy is right, your brain is hardwired to notice things, it doesn't really care what things mostly, so if you think about a type of car, you will see more of them. The same is true of anything else, clothes, statements, food. You are not famous, your social media activity isn't changing a whole bunch of people, you are just noticing in real life the things you put into your social media, probably because you were influenced by real life, not the other way round.

• Anon2 years agoReport

But still do you recommend I go private just to be sure?

• 2 years ago

Change to private be careful what you post.

• Anon2 years agoReport

I post normal things like hanging out with friends, graduating from school, etc which is why it's so weird what exactly do you mean?

• 2 years ago

No one ******’ cares! Stop asking the same question multiple times..

• Anon2 years agoReport

I'm new to Yahoo questions guy I forgot to put my details and i know it sounds foolhardy but I'm very serious.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.