What was the main reason critics hated Batman V Superman and the Justice League?

Update:

I liked the former and thought JJ was only ok could have been better to short to like the avengers felt rushed.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I think the main trouble was that it was too dark, and not fun.

THe majority of the audience for this kind of thing are going to be young, and it missed out on that audience, and critics knerw it would.

• 2 years ago

Bad plot, bad characterization, bad acting, bad writing, a dark style that didn't suit the subject matter, casual murder by both main characters who destroyed buildings with people in them and didn't seem to care or be troubled by it in the least, bad pacing, edited scenes together that didn't fit, bad CGI to correct for the fact that Henry Cavill had a beard during reshoots, and so many other things.

Mainly because they were bad movies. These movies are every bit as bad as Michael Bay movies. They're just explosions over and over.

• There is a moment in the Hush comic story where Commissioner Gordon told Batman that if Batman started killing, then Gordon and the police will have to arrest Batman for murder.

• 2 years ago

Bad pacing, gibberish plot, missing plot points and overly CGI use.

• 2 years ago

Because B vs S was completely stupid. The entire premise that Batman could ever last in a fight against someone who could just fly him into space is ridiculous. Justice League was a weak attempt to bring DC into the marvel powerhouse.

• Spider-Man
      Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

Comicbook the dark knight returns its baased on one of the best Batman comics.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

The films was disjointed and badly edited for the most part, same with Suicide Squad. The theatrical release of BvS was plagued with sudden black screens in the first act.

• I am aware that the BVS: Ultimate Edition fixed some of the problems. However, the film still suffered from the scenes that teased the Justice League as those were out of place. And the Martha scene still was not explained well.

• Spike
    Lv 5
    2 years ago

A lot of people aren’t familiar with the old DC comics. They thought it ridiculous to have these two fight each other because Superman is just way too powerful for Batman to be considered a worthy opponent. But that’s what the old comics did, so it is what it is. DC has had them fight each other a long time ago, and Batman has always been a formidable foe to Superman. Realistic? No probably not, but that’s what the creators of these characters decided to be true, so f*cking deal with it. And a lot of people see Batman as an assshole in this movie. Superman is just “hey bro, let’s talk” and Batman is like “f*ck you, DIE!” But he had his reasons. When Superman fought General Zod, they did a lot of destruction to the city. A building that Batman owned was completely demolished, killing his employees within. And this fight only happens because Superman was on earth, because General Zod is a kyrptonian as well and came to earth looking for Superman. It was then Batman decided to break his no killing code because Superman was just too much of a threat to mankind, which is arguably true.

The movie explains their motive for fighting pretty poorly. That’s what I don’t like about it. But Batman, can in fact, beat the sh*t out of Superman. I don’t care if you don’t like it. The literal creators of these characters decided this to be true, so your point of view is moot.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Freddy vs Jason was better than Batman V Superman.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.