......Social Security and SSI...... Will the Gov. take away my SSI benefit ?

Hi. I receive SS and SSI. This is my total income which is below poverty. Is the Gov., that gang of deplorables, going to take away my SSI now ?

If you are a libtard freeloader maybe

• RICK

Hopefully

SSI is welfare and should be abolished

• Judith

Why would you even think so. SSI is terminated only if your income/resources go over the limits OR they do a medical review and your health has improved to the point that you are found to be no longer disabled.

SSDI would end as a result of a medical review - like SSI - or you work and are gainfully employed. Gainful employment is defined as earnings which average $1170 a month in 2017 or $1180 a month in 2018 and, for SSDI, you aren't gainfully employed.

As long as your health remains the same or worsens your benefits won't end because of medical improvement. And as long as income/resources are under allowable limits then your SSI won't end either.

If your SSI and SS benefits aren't based upon being disabled then they won't end.

Source(s): I was a social security claims rep for 32 yrs.

Those S.O.B.s are sure gonna try, which is why we need to fight them every step of the way and keep voting them out of office at every opprotunity.

no

I don't need the history of the SSA.. Please read the question again ..!

Social Security was set up ats a retirement fund for the people of the USA, and the amount that you worked, you would be given credit for. It started in the industrial age, a little while after its start, and it really is needed for almost every country on the planet, where it just might be taken away from all of us in 2026, if not sooner.

So yes, it really is the Republicans trying to undermine it, where I know as fact that MANY MANY republicans use it as their main source of income.

So yes, your social security really may be taken away from you, where a conversation was started for what to replace it with, and not one good idea came forward, where in all reality, it does look like more will be taken out of workers checks for supporting it.