Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 years ago

Was "Lando" Billy Dee Williams excluded from the new star wars by Disney and the liberal Directors because he is a strong conservative male?

As you may know, many conservatives are black listed from hollywood such as James Woods, Mel Gibson, Tim Allen, and Brenden Frasier.

Is it possibly considering how liberal the new JJ Abrams, and Rian Johnson star wars are too liberal biased and excluded a main character such as Lando, who was a strong supporting role in two star wars films, and owned the Millenium falcon?

Lando ran cloud city, which was in the empire strikes back. Some claim is the last jedi as a remake.

Lando was at Jabba's palace, blew up the death star, and was at endor with the Jedi heroes in return of the jedi.

So how on earth can they not have the black guy that blew uo the death star in the sequels?

Billy Dee Williams claims he was never even approached to do the movies.....

Coincidence? Or pure liberal bias?

They have a black storm trooper main character and no Lando?

Yet even Admiral Ackbar made a cameo?

I mean I could write a yahoo article here easily just now.

• Steel
    Favorite Answer

Your question is already longer than the bulk of most Yahoo articles. It just needs some twitter excerpts now.

• Gabe

COULD BE!!!!

• Evan

Lets think about this...during the events of the empire strikes back, Lando would have been at the absolute youngest 40 years old, now the force awakens takes place roughly 35 years after the events of return of the jedi, so at this point that would put Lando in his 70s...that being said Lando's story begins and ends with the Vadar saga. Epp 7 really was the beginning of a new story, Rey, Kilo, Ren, Poe etc. I think between the age Lando wold be by this point and the direction the story is going, it would make little since to have his character heavily involved, unless for example they want to do a cameo in epp 9 if they do visit the cloud city at some point.

• Lv 4
      2 years agoReport

He was hans age! God you're dumb. R u gonna report this one too evan?

Here is a statement from director Rian Johnson on why Lando didn't appear in The Last Jedi:

“Of course I’d love to see Lando. In terms of Lando, I briefly considered — would he work in the Benicio [del Toro] part, [DJ].” (The character DJ would end up betraying Finn, Rose, and the Resistance)

“I don’t think you would ever buy that Lando would just completely betray the characters like that and have that level of moral ambiguity, cause we love Lando and you’d come into it with that [expectation]. And also, DJ, the character that they met, for the purposes of Finn’s character, had to be a morally ambiguous character that you’re not sure about, that you’re guessing about, and we already know that we love the character of Lando so it just wouldn’t have played in that part story wise.”

• Honestly, I have no idea of the political views of actors and directors. The only one person you mentioned who I know about is Mel Gibson, and he seems to have been blacklisted for his anti-Semantic rants years ago. Gibson seems to be returning if the success of Hacksaw Ridge is any indicator.