Was Gene Hackman Good In Westerns?

He is one of my favourite actors, he only did a few westerns. He plays a great villain in Unforgiven (1992) and he won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor for it. I know people like John Wayne and James Stewart are famous for westerns but I think Gene Hackman can handle it. I really like a lesser known film... show more He is one of my favourite actors, he only did a few westerns.

He plays a great villain in Unforgiven (1992) and he won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor for it.

I know people like John Wayne and James Stewart are famous for westerns but I think Gene Hackman can handle it.

I really like a lesser known film called The Quick And The Dead (1995), again Hackman plays an evil villain, hr plays it so cool.

He is doing the quick draw with the opponent, he says 'How about that left hand Ace, how's that left handed draw' then he lights his match on the gun, then defeats the opponent.

Was Gene Hackman good at westerns?, or did he do better in other films?