Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 2 years ago

How to get into the Behavioral Analysis Unit of the FBI?

Okey i know a LOT of people ask this but unlike most i am dead Serious about having this as my future career. Next year I plan to study Sociology, Criminology and Psychology at University. I even am going to do Criminal Justice online (cause thats the only way i can sadly.) But what I need to know is things like 'how to get into FBI training' and 'how long do you have to live in the US till your a citizen' (since you have to be a citizen to work for the FBI and i currently live in NZ -_-)

If you know that answers I want then please answer. And PLEASE no stupid answers cause this is serious stuff here. Also if there is anything you can suggest to help me along for this career would be helpful =)

Favorite Answer

Brown nose..

Source(s):

....I am a retired police officer. I retired as a sergeant, after 29 years, from a very large department, about 12,000 officers. I was a patrol officer for 4 years in a very diverse area. I was a tactical officer in the high rise project areas of my city. We called it vertical patrol in that we walked the the stairways of the high rises most of the time. I did that for 5 years and was promoted by test to detective. I worked violent crime (homicide, sex, officer involved shootings, robbery, kidnapping, serious non property incidents) for 11 years until I was promoted to sergeant. I worked as a street supervisor, a bicycle patrol supervisor and a desk sergeant/watch commander.

During my time as a tactical officer and a detective I was a unit representative for the police union.

I have a B.A in English and an M.S. in Law Enforcement Administration....