Why is my kindle fire's touch screen not working?

for the last 4-5 years i have been using a kindle fire hd 3rd generation, today my brother bought me a new battery for it and we took the old one out and popped the new one in.

the power button and the volume buttons work fine and it still is charging fine, but for some reason the touch screen is not working at all it is completely unresponsive. how can i fix this, i don't want to lose this thing it has a lot of important info of mine on it

Favorite Answer

I am guessing that the stress of removing the back to replace the battery loosened or broke a connection, for example the digitizer (touch surface) connection to the motherboard or the connection of related circuitry to the motherboard.

He could open it again and try to spot anything that's wrong and it would help for him to watch a video about replacing the digitizer of that model Fire so he'll know what connectors belong to the digitizer. If you can't find a video for that, find one for replacing the screen since the digitizer and screen are often bought and replaced as a set. Maybe he'll be able to spot something wrong near where a new digitizer would connect.

• red2 years agoReport

yeah he did say it would probably be a good idea to get a new digitizer for it, yeah i looked around and found videos of unplugging the connectors then plugging them back in and i tried that but that did nothing. i will definitely buy a new digitizer for it then, thank you happy holidays.

Aren’t all your purchases and stuff backed up on amazon so just download it again.

Your brother screwed it up when he tried to replace the battery. Something must have gotten loose.