Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 2 years ago

Which alternative rock band do you like more and why: U2 or the Red Hot Chili Peppers?

Both are two of the biggest bands of all time. Who do you like more, especially based on these categories?:

Better lead singer: Bono vs. Anthony Kiedis.

Better guitarist: The Edge vs. John Frusciante.

Better bassist: Adam Clayton vs. Flea.

Better drummer: Larry Mullen Jr. vs. Chad Smith.

Update:

Okay, so, John Frusciante isn't in the RHCP anymore. How about, Josh Klinghoffer, then?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

All right..... well.... Bono probably has more vocal power overall (I saw him break into some weird, crazy opera during a live performance once) but Anthony Kiedis is basically a legendary punk/funk singer by now and he brings a lot of life and energy to the group through his vocals.... so it's a difficult comparison.. but Bono has an annoying personality (in my opinion) whereas I have never felt annoyed by Anthony Kiedis.

The Edge is one of rock history's most unique guitarists and his guitar solos on "Achtung Baby" are really great..... but U2 kinda lost their edge (haha no pun intended) around the time that "All You Can't Leave Behind" came out (keep in mind this is all just my opinion).... whereas the Chili Peppers, even if their music isn't AS good as it was in the 90's, haven't lost their edge at all..... and John Fruscinate isn't even in that band anymore but he is a great guitarist and he even has his own solo work which is worth checking out. Once again hard to do a comparison.

Adam Clayton is a great but conventional post-punk bassist... not sure what else to say about him.... whereas Flea is a funk-punk powerful force.... way too different to compare styles.

Larry Mullen Jr. and Chad Smith are both great drummers. That is all I have to say about the drummers.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

U2 is gay and The Chilli Peppers have less than a handful of good songs. So Chilli Peppers.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

" two of the biggest bands of all time" In what world? They're just above average, and I'm being generous.

• 2 years ago

RHCP, Kiedis, A Tie Flea Smith

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Maggie
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Anthony Kiedis

The Edge

Flea

Chad Smith.

• 2 years ago

Rhcp

• 2 years ago

U2

Bono

The Edge

Flea

Larry Mullen Jr.

• 2 years ago

RHCP. There’s a reason why South Park calls Bono the biggest piece of crap on earth.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.