Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetFacebook · 2 years ago

Is this wrong ?

I let my 8 year old son get a Facebook he’s been wanting one my cousin is 11 she has a Facebook but she only uses messenger. I set it up for him so he could use messenger on his phone he’s got an iPhone 4 he also just plays games on it too. He just has me his brother his family a few of his school friends on there. He don’t use it as much he’s mostly on his phone playing Pokémon Go his favorite game. Is it wrong for him to have a Facebook ?

Best Answer

As long you always have the password and can log in to monitor it, i think it's okay. My brother got one young and he was viewing things he shouldn't see and posting things that shouldn't be on facebook like family conversation and it created a lot of drama but if you have full access to it, let it go until he's mature enough

Facebook makes it a law for only 13+ year olds to have a Facebook.

But, as long as the parent(s) monitor it often, it should be okay. Go into the account settings and make it so you can't just search his account up by name, email, phone, etc., make the phone number (if linked) not shown on his profile, don't let him set his profile picture as a picture of him, and you should be all good.

yup

It's okay, but I'd watch what he's doing online.

yes i would never let an 8 year old have a facebook

You should read this

https://www.facebook.com/help/157793540954833

Even if it were legal, I still wouldn't let an 8yo have a social media account. 8yrs is a really young kid. There are too many perverts out there looking for little kids like this so I never would do it. You have to make your own decisions on this, but once facebook catches you his account is going to be deleted anyway.

Providing you protect him from elders on internet.

it's illegal for people under the age of 13 to use facebook

• Mark2 years agoReport

Facebook policies are not laws.

• Daniel

Yes it is Absolutely wrong not to mention its against the Facebook TOS Terms of Service to Let your 8 year old use Facebook it States you have to be 13 years old to have a Facebook Account

Its not Safe for 8 year olds to use Facebook

You need to shut the Facebook down fast because the government will send its mind reading probes after your sons delicate forearm