Is the artistic merit going to be judged, or just the content.?

I'm in Honors English 9. We just finished Dante's Inferno and took the test on it Friday. We also had to submit a project. I kind of chose the easiest project, which was a map of hell. The thing is I'm not very good at art. I took a compass and made circles and went over them with sharpie, and put... show more I'm in Honors English 9. We just finished Dante's Inferno and took the test on it Friday.

We also had to submit a project. I kind of chose the easiest project, which was a map of hell. The thing is I'm not very good at art. I took a compass and made circles
and went over them with sharpie, and put who is in each circle of hell and I have a quote from each circle of hell, and I describe the sins of the people there and their punishments.

But it looks...not great.

It's not like I blew off the project, but like I said, I'm not very good at artwork. But the tracing insn't good in places and the circles aren't even.

I put a lot of work in it, but it kind of looks like I threw it together ten minutes before class started.

I have read each section twice. Once in the Longfellow translation and another one in a prose translation that is m ore modern. I've also read the Cliff Notes. I think I aced the test, but the project is 1/3 of our test grade, so if I get an F on it, then the best I can hope for on the test is a C-.

I'm really nervous abuot my grade!
1 answer 1