We didn't have Net Neutrality before Obama, so what is so different today that it would cause more problems now than it did before Obama?

Or was it bad before Obama, and I just don't remember?

I genuinely want to know. I really don't care about whether or not you think Obama/Trump is an idiot.
Update: What are people so scared of? We already lived several years with out net neutrality, and I don't remember it being too bad of a thing. Why is that? Is it because we are all using the internet more now? (So, we will notice it more?) Is it because cable will bump up the price to recoup losses they get from... show more What are people so scared of? We already lived several years with out net neutrality, and I don't remember it being too bad of a thing. Why is that? Is it because we are all using the internet more now? (So, we will notice it more?) Is it because cable will bump up the price to recoup losses they get from anyone who only streams? But wouldn't that cause more people to dump certain companies, which would cause them to actually lose money?