If we lose net neutrality, what app can allow us to preserve it for ourselves?

I don't want my internet provider deciding what sites I can/can't visit, or shop at!

Favorite Answer

None. An app on your device can't control what your Internet service provider (ISP) does, can't keep your ISP from blocking certain websites or keep your ISP from restricting the speed of data flow from certain websites or keep your ISP from extorting websites for payments by threatening to block access or restrict data flow that would make it unusable for you and cause you not to use that website and then handing that cost back down to you by subscription websites like Netflix and Hulu charging you more to cover their increased cost of having to pay your ISP.

• Dave

Not possible. The ISP controls anything, you cannot change that.

• Ben2 years agoReport

Very true all we can hope is that the isps will play nicer than they did before net neutrality. (btw i see you everywhere lol)

• martin

There may be an Internet provider who will try to display anti-social websites the government is seeking to squelch. However, the FCC controls the internet providers and can regulate any defiant ones out of business.

There is no app that will allow us to preserve it for ourselves.