Boss gets mad because I leave at the time I'm supposed to?

For nearly two years, I've put my back into my workplace, staying late, covering for my coworkers frequent call-outs and working almost every position. Last December, I was promoted to shift leader and got a pay raise. Everything was going well but a couple of weeks ago, I was demoted and my pay cut out of the... show more For nearly two years, I've put my back into my workplace, staying late, covering for my coworkers frequent call-outs and working almost every position.

Last December, I was promoted to shift leader and got a pay raise. Everything was going well but a couple of weeks ago, I was demoted and my pay cut out of the blue because they got some new managers. I had not heard a single complaint about my work, so I'm not sure why they demoted me.

At any rate, I've since refused to work any more hours than I'm scheduled. I leave at the time I was scheduled to leave and my boss is getting upset with me. Do they deserve my loyalty if they aren't going to show me any? After spending the better part of two years putting everything I had into that place and this is how they treat me?