Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMotorcycle Racing · 2 years ago

Should i sue after dog attack?

Neighbors 8 month old golden retriever (very large dog) attacked my 2 month old dog. He was bloody and bite needed to be cleaned by vet. They paid for bill. I never reported it. Dog was on leash but their 10 year old son could not control him and he ran off after him. One month later he attacks my puppy again same situation child couldn’t control leash he ran and attacks my puppy and my son. While my teen was walking our dog outside. My sons pictures are attached he needed 9 stitches. I reported it this time and dog was taken away and dog was euthanized. I filed an affidavit and we went to court today they plead not guilty because their dog was on leash so they did no wrong. Anyhow judge finds him guilty and fined them $200. My sons arm still hurts him and this happened in July. Should i sue for pain and suffering? I’m upset they think they did nothing wrong!

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

Not worth it. Just makes you seem bitter and unable to let things go. . You couldd try but given ow long ago it happened it may not lead to anything otherr than wasted time and cash.

Your bills were paid, their dog is dead, and they were fined. Build a bridge and get over it already.

• 2 years ago

What these people should have learned is that NO TEN YEAR OLD should be in control of a dog on their own.

• Shaha
    Lv 4
    2 years ago

Usual out come in court would have been to pay the Vet bill, that is what people sue for. They paid the bill, what would you sue for? I think your best route would to contact Animal Control & explain what happened. This has happened twice but there is no record with Animal Control that it even happened, you could have proved it has happened for the second time but there is no investigation if there is no complaint. Call or go to Animal Control & learn what your rights are. Maybe they can order the owners not to allow the little kid to take the dog out any more.

• 2 years ago

What would you sue for, they paid the Vet bill, right? Usual out come in court would have been to pay the Vet bill, that is what people sue for. They paid the bill, what would you sue for? I think your best route would to contact Animal Control & explain what happened. This has happened twice but there is no record with Animal Control that it even happened, you could have proved it has happened for the second time but there is no investigation if there is no complaint. Call or go to Animal Control & learn what your rights are. Maybe they can order the owners not to allow the little kid to take the dog out any more. They own a very dangerous dog, maybe they can order the dog be muzzled every time they take it out.

If you is no complaint/report there is no investigation. Start now so something can be done before this happens again.

• Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

the dog in question is dead euthanised at the request of the asker already bbb

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

You sound like an ambulance chaser with the terminology "pain and suffering". You plan to bandage your son like a mummy too?

• 2 years ago

Let it go, enough damage has been done. You all seem like annoying people.

• No Do Not. Dogs Are possessed. If they are not possessed they are calm creatures. Ferald is mine he is not possessed. Although he was a year ago after getting bit by a possessed squererel, he is no longer posessed. (-:

• Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

You be wired to the moon child

• Karen
    Lv 4
    2 years ago

You need to contact an attorney. You can sue for whatever you want but an expert can look at your case to see if it can honestly get you anything.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

let it go.....your time to file in small claims court is gone

• sats
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

They lost their dog, that is severe punishment. You sound very vindictive.

• Anna
      Lv 5
      2 years agoReport

Their dog attacked his/her dog and sin no wonder he/she is pissed. It's THEIR neglectful actions that lead to the death of their dog allowing a 10 year old to be in charge of a dog is stupid. It's their fault and they deserve no sympathy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.