Should i sue after dog attack?

Neighbors 8 month old golden retriever (very large dog) attacked my 2 month old dog. He was bloody and bite needed to be cleaned by vet. They paid for bill. I never reported it. Dog was on leash but their 10 year old son could not control him and he ran off after him. One month later he attacks my puppy again same... show more Neighbors 8 month old golden retriever (very large dog) attacked my 2 month old dog. He was bloody and bite needed to be cleaned by vet. They paid for bill. I never reported it. Dog was on leash but their 10 year old son could not control him and he ran off after him. One month later he attacks my puppy again same situation child couldn’t control leash he ran and attacks my puppy and my son. While my teen was walking our dog outside. My sons pictures are attached he needed 9 stitches. I reported it this time and dog was taken away and dog was euthanized. I filed an affidavit and we went to court today they plead not guilty because their dog was on leash so they did no wrong. Anyhow judge finds him guilty and fined them $200. My sons arm still hurts him and this happened in July. Should i sue for pain and suffering? I’m upset they think they did nothing wrong!
19 answers 19